The allBambu Blog
List of all out posts!
Ready To Try Camping?
July 14, 2020 | 5 mins | Zainab M.
With few vacation options available in the summer of COVID, this may be a great time to spend a few days under the stars.
Many of us are looking for summer fun activities but so many things are closed and the COVID-19 situation seems to change on a weekly basis. Turns out, camping in your own self-contained tent where everything you need is touched only by you can be quite appealing.
The cherry on top is that it's an incredibly affordable way for a couple or family to enjoy time away from home.
While camping does feel quite environmentally friendly already, there are ways to make it even greener. Here are some ideas to help you go green while camping.
- Camp close to home if that's an option. Particularly if it's only a weekend plan. You save on gas while limiting the impact of emissions from your car. Also, try to carpool as far as possible.
- Use sustainable camping gear. Try looking for items that are made from 100% recycled materials.
- Choose eco-friendly & reusable cutlery and dishware.
- Practice green cleaning. Use eco-friendly cleaning supplies and don't dump waste water in a lake or river instead try dry ground or vegetation
- Minimize your water usage. Water is a limited resource and it’s a good habit to learn to use it sparingly.
- Bring a few bags and separate your waste as you go. Most campgrounds have bins for recycling, compost & waste and if they don't make your own.
- Finally, leave your campsite the way you found it!
There is nothing that can compare to getting back to nature. It’s something everyone should try at least once. Are you ready?